Wednesday, February 8, 2012

New Beginnings

Emma was able to get a job as a research assistant so I would like to give her a very Large Congratulations! But due to her work schedule it’s going to be hard for her to help us out with the organization.
On February 13, 2012 I will be speaking at Barry University Davie campus and would like to thank all those who have been helping me out in spreading the word about HPV. Another Special thanks to Marilyn Volker and Dr. Heather Green for putting me in contact with such great people including Chuck and Rosa from the Dade County Public Schools AIDS/HIV program.  
I know that I have been bad at keeping up with the blogging, for that I apologize. It is hard to get into the habit of being online every day for any reason let alone to write about on goings when I am use to doing that with pen and paper (Ah the good old days…). Kori Lopez and Virginia Pena  have joined the HPV Awakening Inc. family to them I say both Thank you and Welcome aboard!
On February 7th, 2012 we went to Dade county Public Schools National Black HIV/AIDS awareness day and were introduced to several amazing groups that work in Miami.
-          Hispanic AIDS   
-          The Lodge
-          Jessie Trice Community Health Center
-          Helen B. Bentley Family Health Center
o   305-447-4950
-          Abstinence Between Strong Teens Int, Inc.
HPV Awakening Inc. will be presenting in the Women’s AIDS/HIV day on March 5th, 2012 and the GLBTQ day on April 20th, 2012. If any of you would like to volunteer please let me know. Also if any of you work for Dade county schools and would like us to give our presentation of anywhere for that matter please feel free to contact me. We don’t charge for this guys. It’s about educating and changing the way we deal with this illness. We are approved from Middle school through high schools in Dade county. I have yet to work on Broward because I want to get one area settled and running at a time so that things run smoothly.
Well I’ll keep you updated as things happen to the best of my ability and again thank you for all the support.








No comments:

Post a Comment